ABOUT THE ROLE
The Technical Director will be responsible for develop, implement and actively monitor and improve the Ashburton United Soccer Club (AUSC) Junior Boys National Premier League (JBNPL) technical program (the 'Curriculum) to ensure our coaches and players develop in a structured approach aligned to the FFA curriculum, resulting in the AUSC coaching philosophy known as the 'Ashy Way'.
The Technical Director is responsible to the Committee of Management and will provide it with regular reporting.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Demonstrated record as a Technical Director (at least three to five years experience)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills across a wide range of stakeholders including councils, community groups, players, coaches, volunteers and club representatives
• Highly regarded organisation skills in managing multiple programs across multiple venues involving a range of interested and impacted groups
• Demonstrated ability to manage conflicts of player, coach and parent concerns
• Tertiary Sports Management or similar qualifications an advantage
• Strong game playing experience, including active demonstration of the FFA coaches code of conduct with fellow team members
• Extensive experience in delivering technical football development programs designed to enhance individual players and overall team competence
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing technical football programs including documenting structured development and training plans
• Demonstrated ability in project management in relation to the development and implementation of programs
• Well networked across the Victorian football coaching community and wider football league
• Current ‘Working with Children check
• Current drivers license
• AUSC JBNPL Technical Director – Position Description - CLICK HERE
Employer and Other Details
Ashburton United Soccer Club mission – the “Ashy Way” - is to develop and encourage participation in soccer in all community sectors to promote the passion in the game of soccer and community spirit.
The Club was founded over 40 years ago as the Ashburton Baptist Soccer Club. From those small beginnings, there are now over 800 registered players at the Ashburton United Soccer Club – men and women, girls and boys – playing soccer all year round both indoor and outdoor. Nearly 70 teams are engaged in winter outdoor soccer including 12 senior teams up to Over 55’s men and an All Abilities team. The Club has a strong history of welcoming women and girls and enabling them to play at the highest levels.
The range of programs provided by the Club include
• Outdoor soccer – girls and boys; men and women
• Futsal (indoor soccer) – summer, spring and winter season
• School holiday programs
• Cores skills programs
• Goalkeeper training
• Aldi Miniroos
• Ashy in School programs – during school hours and after school hours
To apply for this role
To apply for this position, please submit your CV together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for this role to:
Post to AUSC 269a High Street, Ashburton, Victoria 3147
Please note that due to the number of applications received by the club, we are unable to reply to every application. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications close at 5 pm on Sunday 01 September 2019.