Suspension on Football Activities extended until 31 May 2020

Press Release from Football Victoria:
 
Football Victoria has announced that the temporary suspension on all competitions and football activities has been extended until May 31, 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic, in line with the release from Football Federation Australia earlier this evening

At that time, a subsequent decision will be made about whether football can resume thereafter, or whether the temporary suspension will be extended further.

This decision by Football Victoria was made in conjunction with Football Federation Australia and in line with Federal Government guidelines and medical advice, and in consultation with the National COVID-19 Working Committee. All Member Federations have endorsed the position.

Football Victoria chief executive officer Peter Filopoulos acknowledged that while it was disappointing to further delay the football season, it was necessary to do so.

“These are some of the most testing times we have ever faced as a sport and we are particularly concerned for our football community. As the largest participation sport in the state, football is the glue that holds many communities together,” Filopoulos said.

“However, the health and wellbeing of all of Football Victoria’s clubs and stakeholders is paramount. Although we would prefer to be playing football, the safety of our participants is our absolute priority, and we note the repeated escalation in recent weeks of the statewide restrictions on public gatherings by the Victorian Government. This is why the initial target of a resumption on April 14 has been extended.”

“As a sport, we must do all we can to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus and ceasing to operate football activities shows our commitment to the wider community. When it is safe for football activities to resume, our football family will be notified immediately.”

It remains Football Victoria’s intention to operate the 2020 NPL and Community seasons in some form and the team are working tirelessly to that end.

“Although the season has been delayed, our staff are still working through a number of contingencies for a re-started competition. We recognise there is an incredible hunger among the football community to get back out on the field when this is over,” Filopoulos said.

“We have 355 clubs and over 450,000 participants currently registered who are unable to do the activity they love most. We know they want to play, to be with their teammates, and our goal is to make sure they can resume at the earliest possible time.”
 

Here at Ashy we are hopeful and we are still planning for the season to commence at some point in 2020. 

The club is also working on various scenarios and strategies to ensure the longevity of the club is maintained and once the suspension is lifted we will be in a position to get our kids and adults on the park as soon as possible.
In the meantime we will continue to send updates and workbooks for home training while also utilising the vast array of resources available from FIFA, FFA and FV.
The Week 1 winners for the best video will be announced tomorrow and videos will also be uploaded onto our YouTube channel:
AUSC TV.  Keep on sending your videos…whether they showcase awesome talent or providing a few laughs.
We have also launched a PS4 online competition for our Youth players (22 players have subscribed) while we will also be launching similar competitions for our MiniRoos and on XBox as well over the next couple of weeks…stay tuned
We thank you for your patience and continued support and stay safe and healthy.

ashy radar